Owning an RV is a ticket to freedom and adventure, allowing you to explore the open road at your own pace. However, when the journey ends, or you’re taking a break, the question arises: “Where is the best RV storage near me?” This guide will walk you through the essentials of RV storage, ensuring your vehicle remains in pristine condition for your next adventure.
Why is Proper RV Storage Important?
RVs are significant investments, and proper storage ensures their longevity. Exposure to harsh weather conditions, pests, and other environmental factors can lead to wear and tear. By understanding and implementing proper storage techniques, you can prevent unnecessary damage and depreciation, ensuring your RV remains road-ready for years to come.
What Size Storage Do I Need for My RV?
Choosing the right storage size is crucial to protect your RV. Here’s a quick guide:
- Class A Motorhomes: The giants of the road, ranging from 26 to 45 feet. Opt for a storage space of at least 50 feet.
- Class B Motorhomes: The compact camper vans, usually 17 to 23 feet. A 25-foot storage space should do.
- Class C Motorhomes: Mid-sized and ranging from 20 to 33 feet. A 35-foot storage space is ideal.
- Travel Trailers: These vary widely, from 10 to 40 feet. Match your storage space to your model’s length.
- Fifth Wheel Trailers: Typically between 20 to 45 feet. Choose a space slightly longer than your trailer.
Indoor vs. Outdoor RV Storage: Which is Best?
When considering storage options, you’ll likely encounter both indoor and outdoor facilities. Each has its advantages:
- Indoor Storage: Offers protection from weather elements, pests, and potential vandalism. It’s the best option for long-term storage, especially during winter months.
- Outdoor Storage: Typically more affordable and offers easy access. However, it’s essential to invest in a high-quality RV cover to protect against UV rays and rain.
Storing Your RV Between Adventures
Proper storage goes beyond just parking your RV. Here are some tips to ensure it remains in top condition:
- Deep Clean: Clean inside and out to prevent mold, mildew, and unwanted guests.
- Tire Care: Keep them inflated to the right pressure to avoid flat spots during storage.
- Pest Prevention: Seal openings and use repellents to deter critters.
- Use an RV Cover: A breathable cover protects against UV rays and weather elements.
- Battery Care: For long-term storage, disconnect the batteries.
- Routine Checks: Periodically inspect your RV for any potential issues.
Cost of RV Storage
The cost of storing your RV can vary based on location, type of storage, and additional amenities offered by the facility. Call us today to get our current rates!Call Morrice Meadows: 517-625-4840
Discover Morrice Meadows for RV Storage
Morrice Meadows isn’t just any storage facility. Located in a prime location, it offers top-notch amenities ensuring your RV’s safety and accessibility:
- Prime Location: Close to the City of Perry, blending convenience with scenic views.
- Accessibility: I-69 nearby allows for easy travels to Flint, Grand Blanc, or Lansing.
- Top Security: Your RV’s safety is our priority, with state-of-the-art security measures in place.
Storing your RV properly is crucial for its longevity and ensuring it’s always ready for the next adventure. Whether you choose indoor or outdoor storage, always prioritize security, accessibility, and protection against environmental factors. And remember, the peace of mind knowing your RV is safe and secure is priceless.